How McDonald’s advertised the ‘bounce house’ to its customers
Business Insider, Australia – 3rd December 2018: McDonald’s commercial has been pulled from television and the company has apologised to those who saw the commercial.
The commercial, which was shown in Australia, Australia New Zealand and the United Kingdom, shows a young couple enjoying the new burger and the sound of an announcement over the television.
The announcement then cuts to a montage of clips of other popular McDonald’s advertisements, including one of a man eating a McDonald’s sandwich in a trailer.
A spokesperson for McDonald’s Australia said on Thursday that the ad had been removed from its channels and the footage was not in the interests of McDonald’s.
“McDonald’s has been aware of the commercial for some time, and we apologise for the content it has aired on its platforms,” the spokesperson said in a statement.
“We take these issues very seriously and have taken steps to prevent them from happening in the future.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and customers and we are working to make this happen as quickly as possible.”
McDonald’s has a history of running advertisements which target young people in the United States and elsewhere.
In November, the chain ran a series of advertisements which said that young people had a better chance of getting a job and finding a job after college.
McDonald’s did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Business Insider.